Take your daily drive to the next level with the new 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe! This exhilarating midsize SUV is bursting with advanced technology, refined comfort features, and top-of-the-line safety features so you can effortlessly rule the road.
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe is easy to overlook among the sea of mid-size crossovers, but it’s actually a very practical and largely satisfying choice.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Changes
- Enhanced blind-spot safety tech now standard on Limited trim
- Minor revisions to feature availability
- Ultimate top trim is gone
- Part of the fourth Hyundai Santa Fe generation introduced for 2019
Pros & Cons
- Abundant standard features for the money
- High-quality interior materials
- Generous warranty coverage
- Several standard and optional active safety features
- Base 2.4-liter engine’s power and mpg are subpar
- View out of the rear side is blocked by wide roof pillars
- Sharp bumps can transmit harshness and road noise into the cabin
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe has comfortable interior, plenty of tech features, good fuel economy, and a balanced ride.
It also boasts excellent safety ratings and one of the best powertrain warranties in the biz. While the 2020 Santa Fe flies under the radar compared with flashier rivals, its positive attributes greatly outnumber the negative ones.
Bridging the gap between a compact and midsize SUV, the 2020 Santa Fe fits well in a segment that features the Ford Edge, the Nissan Murano and the new Honda Passport, yet also competes with compacts like the Subaru Forester, the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V.
From a content standpoint, the Santa Fe leads the pack, offering a host of standard driver assists, and numerous luxury features such as ventilated front seats, a Surround View monitor and a massive panoramic sunroof.
Also Read Best SUV To Buy
2020 Hyundai Sante Fe Interior Features
Decompress and get comfortable after a long day inside the cabin of the new 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV. You can comfortably seat up to five passengers in the Santa Fe.
On top of the standard interior room you get with the new Santa Fe, inside the cabin you’ll also find plenty of amenities and additional features – including extra comfy Santa Fe seating – that Carson City drivers love as they drive to weekend ski trips! Take a look at some of the standard Santa Fe interior features below:
- 7-inch display audio system
- Steering-wheel-mounted controls
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system
- Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
- Heated front seats (available on SEL trim and above)
- Heated rear seats (available on Ultimate trim and above)
- 6-way adjustable driver seat
- 2-way power lumbar passenger seat
- BlueLink® Telematics System, Connected Care, and Remote Package (available on SEL trim and above)
A Heads-up Display (HUD) comes standardly equipped on the Limited and Limited 2.0T trim configurations of the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe. The HUD conveniently displays key information for drivers.
Hyundai Santa Fe Safety Features
When you purchase a Hyundai Santa Fe, you’re purchasing a vehicle with the Hyundai SmartSense® system. This innovative driver assist systems help Fernley drivers keep an extra set of eyes on the road for potential dangers or other negligent drivers.
With systems like Blind-Spot monitoring and Highway Drive Assist, your Hyundai Santa Fe is watching for vehicles or other objects out of your field of view. Because of this, the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe was named a Top Safety Pick by the IIHS, and received an overall 5 star safety rating from the NHTSA. Read more about the safety features offered in the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe below:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection: The system will alert you with visual and audible signals if a vehicle or a pedestrian is in your vehicle’s path. If you continue to approach the vehicle or pedestrian too rapidly, the system will automatically apply the brakes.
- Lane Following Assist: Sensors in the windshield use lane markings to keep your Santa Fe within its intended lane. If you begin to drift out of your lane without signaling, the system will alert you. If no action is taken the system will attempt to correct your vehicle’s path on its own.
- Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist: This intuitive system monitors your blind spot and alerts you to any objects or vehicles that you may be unable to see. If your turn signal is on and you attempt to change lanes with the warning signal activated, the system will lightly apply the brakes and correct your path to avoid an accident.
- Rear-Cross Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist: While in reverse, this system looks for objects or vehicles that you may be unable to see. If a vehicle approaches while you are reversing, the system will alert you and apply the brakes to avoid a collision.
These are just some of the incredible safety features offered by the Hyundai SmartSense® system, to learn more, read about the Santa Fe safety features on the official Hyundai website.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Interior Photos
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Dimensions
If you’re looking for a compact SUV that still has a roomy interior, then the Hyundai Santa Fe is perfect! You’ll find the following space for both your passengers and cargo with these Hyundai Santa Fe dimensions:
- Cargo Volume behind 1st row: 71.3 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume behind 2nd row: 35.9 cubic feet
- Passenger Volume: 110.7 cubic feet
The Hyundai Santa Fe seating can hold up to five passengers very comfortably, and when you need extra room for luggage or sports equipment, the 60/40-split fold-flat seats inside can give you the additional space you need! But if you need extra room, you can always opt for the Hyundai Santa Fe XL model, which has a third-row option and can seat up to seven passengers in all!
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Configurations
SE 2.4, SEL 2.4, LIMITED, LIMITED 2.0T
The new 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe is available in five distinct trim levels. Explore the features below to discover what you can expect from each Santa Fe trim!
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SE
Starting MSRP –$25,900
- 7-in. color display audio system
- Android Auto™
- Apple CarPlay®
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection
- Driver attention warning
- 60/40-split second-row fold-flat seats with recline
- Chrome accent front grille
- LED daytime running lights
- Rear occupant alert
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL
Includes most SE features, plus:
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Safe exit assist
- Eight-way power driver seat
- Heated front seats
- Proximity key with push-button start
- Door handle welcome lights
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.0T
Includes most SEL features, plus:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Leather seating surfaces
- Wireless device charging
- Driver’s seat integrated memory system
- Rear side-window sunshades
- Infinity® premium audio with twelve speakers
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped shift knob
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
Includes most SEL 2.0T features, plus:
- Surround view monitor
- Blind view monitor
- 8-in. touchscreen navigation
- Heads-up display
- Dark chrome exterior trim & door handles
- Four-way power lumbar driver seat
- Leg cushion extension for driver seat
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T
Includes most Limited features, plus:
- 19-in. alloy wheels
- Premium door sill plates
- Ventilated front seats
- Blue Link® guidance package
SE vs. SEL vs. SEL 2.0T
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SE trim starts at $26,125 MSRP, the SEL trim starts at $27,875 MSRP, and the SEL 2.0T trim begins at $34,725 MSRP. The main difference between these three trims is that the SEL 2.0T is powered by a 2.0L I4 turbo engine, producing 235 HP and 260 lb.-ft. of torque on the road. The SE and SEL are powered by a 2.4L I4 engine.
Limited vs. Limited 2.0T
The Limited and Limited 2.0T are the two top trims of the 2020 Santa Fe model lineup.
The Limited starts at $35,875 MSRP, and the Limited 2.0T has a starting MSRP of $37,725 MSRP. The Limited trim is equipped with a 2.4L I4 engine, while the Limited 2.0T trim, as its name implies, is powered by a 2.0L I4 turbo engine.
The Limited 2.0T model includes most features found in the Limited model, including 19-in. alloy wheels and a towing capacity of up to 3,500 lbs.
Engine Options On 2020 Santa Fe
When you select the exciting new 2020 Santa Fe as your ride, you will have two powerful engine options to choose from. View the table below for engine and key performance specs.
|Engine||2.4L I4||2.0L Turbo I4|
|Horsepower||185 HP||235 HP|
|Torque||178 lb.-ft.||260 lb.-ft.|
|MPG (city/hwy)||Up to 22/29||Up to 20/25|
HTRAC® All-Wheel Drive System
The new 2020 Santa Fe has the HTRAC® All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) system. The HTRAC AWD system was developed as a multi-mode system, providing an electronic, variable-torque-split clutch with active torque control between the front and rear axles. Drivers can select HTRAC Normal, Sport, or Smart mode to help provide confident control in all types of weather conditions. The HTRAC® All-Wheel-Drive system is optional on all 2020 Santa Fe trims.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Fuel Economy
Depending on which Hyundai Santa Fe trim level you get, you’ll have access to a 2.4L inline 4-cylinder engine that produces 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque as well as a 2.4L inline 4-cylinder turbo engine that offers 235 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. Take a look at the fuel economy ratings for the Hyundai Santa Fe trim levels below:
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata SE: 22 city/29 highway
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata SEL: 22 city/29 highway
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.0T: 20 city/79 highway
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited: 22 city/29 highway
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T: 20 city/27 highway
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Colour Options
The new 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe offers a long list of color options to choose from so, you can get the look and style you want.
- Quartz White Pearl
- Symphony Silver
- Machine Gray
- Earthy Bronze
- Lava Orange
- Scarlet Red
- Stormy Sea
- Twilight Black