• My Nearest City

covid virus

A couple married for 51 years died of COVID-19 just 6 minutes apart.

A couple married for 51 years died of COVID-19 just 6 minutes apart.

Adrian and Stuart Baker were married for more than 51 years, and their family called them inseparable.
Adrian and Stuart Baker were married for more than 51 years, and their family called them inseparable. Stuart Baker, 74, and Adrian Baker, 72, of Boynton Beach, were had been healthy before contracting the coronavirus in mid-March.

Florida couple, married 51 years, die of coronavirus six minutes apart

Stuart and Adrian Baker, a couple married for more than 51 years, recently died due to complications from COVID-19.

Before just a few weeks ago, Stuart and Adrian Baker were perfectly healthy.

The inseparable couple had been married for more than 51 years and were living in Boynton Beach, Florida, in retirement. Neither of them had any serious health conditions. Then in mid-March, they started feeling ill.

According to their son, Buddy Baker, they were in “perfect health” just a few weeks ago.

“My parents were amazing people,” he said in a widely shared video on Twitter. “They passed away six minutes apart.”

Stuart was hit harder by the virus at first, and he was admitted to a hospital intensive care unit.

Related A New York nurse shared a chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality of what’ medical workers deal with on frontlines

Adrian, meanwhile, had been recovering at home, but her condition deteriorated when she learned her husband was in the ICU, the network reported.

When both were judged to be near death, they were moved into the same hospice room and taken off their ventilators so they could die together.

Their death was revealed by their son, Buddy Baker, a longtime NFL agent.

Baker’s mother had no symptoms when she tested positive for COVID-19

About four weeks ago, Stuart and Adrian went to the doctor after they weren’t feeling well, according to Baker.

They were eventually sent home.A few days later, their symptoms still hadn’t improved so their doctor recommended that they visit the hospital.

Baker said that they were also sent home from the hospital and told to self-quarantine until they felt better.

“This is pre- the world shutting down, pre- the NCAA tournament getting canceled, so you’re still not thinking this is going to be something which is life threatening,” he said.

“In loving memory of my mom and dad – please make the tough and right choice and stop the spreading of this virus,” the son said in a moving video on Twitter.

Also Read New Mass Graves Are Being Dug Because New York Morgues Are Overwhelmed During The Coronavirus

CORONAVIRUS SURVIVOR DONATES HIS PLASMA TO  PATIENT IN CRITICAL NEED |Coronavirus

CORONAVIRUS SURVIVOR DONATES HIS PLASMA TO PATIENT IN CRITICAL NEED |Coronavirus

He recovered from the coronavirus and now his plasma donation could save the lives of others
He recovered from the coronavirus and now his plasma donation could save the lives of others

A California man who was diagnosed with the coronavirus and recovered has donated his plasma to help others fighting the potentially deadly virus.

An Orange County hospital has become the first on the West Coast to try an experimental treatment for COVID-19 as a patient in serious condition just received a plasma transfusion from a man who recently recovered.

On March 6, Jason Garcia noticed he had a mild cough and some congestion.

The 36-year-old aerospace engineer from Escondido, California, didn’t think that much of it. But later while on a work trip, he noticed a headache had begun accompanying his cough.

Within a day, he also had a fever and body aches that quickly came and went. Then he began experiencing shortness of breath

Garcia called his doctor and based on his symptoms was told to go to the hospital and get tested for coronavirus.

If it works, it could offer hope as the potentially deadly infection wreaks havoc worldwide.

Inside St. Joseph Hospital in Orange, a critically ill coronavirus patient waits to see if an trial treatment will help him recover.

“It”s really there for those patients that are severely affected or whose life is threatened by the virus,” said Wendy Escobedo, RN, the nursing director for Dialysis and Kidney Transplants.

Over 40 spring breakers from Texas who ignored public health advice test positive for COVID-19

Over 40 spring breakers from Texas who ignored public health advice test positive for COVID-19

At least 44 students, not pictured, from the University of Texas in Austin tested positive for coronavirus after they traveled to Mexico for spring break.
At least 44 students, not pictured, from the University of Texas in Austin tested positive for coronavirus after they traveled to Mexico for spring break.

The students from the University of Texas in Austin, who are all in their 20s, traveled in a group of about 70 on a chartered plane to Cabo San Lucas two weeks ago, with 44 since testing positive for coronavirus.

Upon their return, 28 students initially tested positive for Covid-19 and more were confirmed to have the virus on Wednesday, university officials said.

The students’ trip went directly against the advice of the White House, which asked people to avoid nonessential air travel and gathering in groups of more than 10, invoking the anger of Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen, who lashed out at group.

“Quit being an a**,” Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen told CNN affiliate KXAN. “Get over yourselves. Whether you think this is an issue or not, it is.

Whether you think it could affect you or not, it does. The reality of it is, if I’m a college kid who’s going to spring break in Mexico, you’re affecting a lot of people. Grow up.”

The Austin Public Health Department said that some of the students flew back on commercial flights, which they said directly endangered others traveling with them.

China reported the second day in a row of no new domestic cases of the virus.

China reported the second day in a row of no new domestic cases of the virus.

Mainland China reported 39 new cases of coronavirus — all imported from overseas — and three new deaths as of end of day Thursday, according to the country’s National Health Commission.

This brings the death toll in mainland China to 3,248 and total confirmed cases to 80,967.

Thursday is the second day China has reported no increase in domestically transmitted coronavirus cases.

It is also the second day no new confirmed cases were reported in Hubei province, the epicenter of the pandemic.

Concerns over a so-called “second wave” of infections have increased in recent days as the number of imported cases — linked to overseas travel — have risen throughout Asia.

China is among a number of countries where stringent measures appear to have brought the virus under control, but where concerns are now mounting of a fresh wave brought in by travellers.